Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Someone Please Help Me Answer This Question:

24 A man of many companions may come to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother. Proverbs 18:24 (ESV)

Read here where a man has announced in a stunning press release that he's going to stop being so friendly because he simply has too many friends. (It's a parody.)

Here's a video the staff did for a Sunday night message a few weeks ago:



The video is about confidence, but you get the message by watching how the friend of the two suitors, Brian, reacts to each of them. By the way, do friends really do things like go to each others' houses and help them clean out their attics? Feel free to tell me if this is your experience. It would help me answer this question I hope to post on in the near future:

What is a friend?

If anyone has any insight to this, let me know. I have some ideas (you know how that goes) but there are some open ends I have to really understanding this question. It would help me understand verses like Proverbs 18:24 and John 15:13.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home