Monday, April 23, 2007

Eschatology and Devotion

I just found this on GodTube:



The song is called "The Midnight Cry". It's not my favorite arrangement of the piece, but it's still a good song. The video has some incredible graphics and some powerful images. I must admit, that after having been a pre-mil pre-tribber for many years, I can say that I'm not. As I read and study more my understanding is currently tending toward pre-wrath or post trib. The best I can say for sure, is to pray for pre-trib and plan for post-trib. For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, fret not. There's not enough scriptural clarity to be dogmatic about any of these positions. I have another point that I do want to make: the devotional aspect of eschatology.


My 11-year-old son, Luke, has been devouring the children's versions of The Left Behind series. Has he come away with a dogmatic position for a pre-trib rapture? No. What he has come away with is an observation that he needs to be more serious with his devotional life. What a blessing to hear this from an 11-year-old. I know adults who could take a lesson from this. Whether it's the rapture or an unexpected mortality, can we say that we have been preparing our hearts for the Kingdom of God?

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home