Thursday, December 20, 2007

Do You Have the Mind of Christ?

I run sound for my Sunday School classroom. We have perhaps 150 on the roll and about 130 show up each Sunday. Someone suggested that we break up into smaller classes of 10-15 people, but we just don't have 10-15 spare classrooms. Perhaps the reason we are so large is because we get teaching like this:


David Moss is a fellow homeschool dad. He and his wife, Nettie, met as students at Moody Bible Institute and fell in love as missionaries in Japan. He has a masters degree in literature, teaches college English and is an accomplished finish carpenter. He's also my Sunday School teacher. It's not that I don't know the material that he teaches, but if I could speak like this I wouldn't need to waste my time blogging. Sometimes I get nice comments, but largely I think my thoughts just disperse into the vast cacophonous void of the Internet archived for the chance searcher or surfer to scan through on their way to some other informational destination.

Yet I have the mind of Christ. God knows. Although I have very little encouragement, all I can do is use what He has given me to the best of my ability to glorify Him. If all this appears to be in vain, then it is for God to use as He sees fit. I have merely done what I could with what I have. My intent is not visceral, but highly principled.

Do you have the mind of Christ? Do the best with what you have in the interest of glorifying God. You may never know what impact you have. Act on the clear principles found in the scriptures and deny mere intuition.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Lionel Woods said...

That brother can go (do something well, whatever fits the context)! If that is your Sunday School, boy, oh boy, I bet the Sunday message is unreal!

Thu Dec 20, 11:19:00 AM GMT-5  
Blogger Jim Pemberton said...

Thanks, brother! We are truly blessed with godly and meaty teaching and preaching. We have morning and evening sermons online as well as our Wednesday evening Equipping University lessons and materials.

Thu Dec 20, 04:38:00 PM GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home