Thursday, November 15, 2007

A "Beautiful" Movie: Bella

I haven't seen this movie yet. It has won the coveted People's Choice Award at the Toronto Film Festival. Rebecca Hagelin made the comment in her article that "Usually, when The New York Times, The Washington Post, and the Detroit News trash a moral movie, it’s code that you should go see it." It's just made it to my area in Charlotte and Hickory and I'm planning to see it.

What is it about? An erstwhile soccer star goes to work in his brother's restaurant and takes up with a waitress in need. I understand that this is a pro-life movie somehow and I'm curious as to how it plays out. I also understand that the movie breaks all the Hispanic stereotypes. I would also look forward to seeing a movie show Hispanics as real people rather than the caricatures we normally see coming out of Hollywood. Here's the trailer that was uploaded to YouTube:

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home