Friday, November 19, 2004

Prejudice and Dr. Rice

When I was young, I remember hearing jokes about blacks (I'm white). I remember that the N-word was not uncommon. However, the trend has been in favor of racial equality. It's been years since I've heard a joke about blacks (except from black comedians) - until recently.

Dr. Condoleeza Rice has worked very hard in her life. She has great character and high ethical standards. She has been selected for a difficult and important position and I think she's the right person for the job at this time. The president couldn't have chosen a better person right now, in my opinion, to be the Secretary of State.

Yet she is maligned by the liberal media and afforded worse press than Osama bin Laden. Liberals are prejudiced against her ideology. If she were liberal, they would tout her as a great black woman. However, instead of adressing ideology, they make fun of her race. For example, there are political cartoons that attempt to degrade her based on her heritage. Liberals like to play the political "race card" since they are percieved as the party of racial equality. However, their behavior toward Dr. Rice demonstrates their true nature. While conservative president George Bush appoints the best person to a high office regardless of race, liberals tell black jokes.

Dr. King is rolling in his grave.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home