Wednesday, December 28, 2005

The Forgotten Santa Claus

I have an update on my blog about my conversation with my daughter. A day or two before Christmas she came up to me and told me that she wanted a particular item for Christmas. I replied that she needed to ask Santa Claus.

Scrunching her face in frustration, she told me, "Daddy! You know there's no such thing as Santa Claus!" Softening a little bit, she added, "Besides, I don't know where to send the letter."

Christmas Eve we went to church and then over to some friends of ours for some Christmas Eve fellowship. By the time we got home, it was time to put the kids to bed and I and my daughter both forgot about milk and cookies. I thought about it the next afternoon and mentioned it to Hope. With an exclamation of "Aww, Man!" she expressed her disappointment. Then she shrugged, grabbed a new toy, and quickly forgot about it again.

Maybe we'll find out next year if Santa eats the cookies and drinks the milk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home