Thursday, December 15, 2005

...On the Other Hand, the Insanity Continues

Some parents in Richardson, TX, got upset because a teacher at school told their children that there is no Santa Claus. What can I say? She told the poor deluded darlings the truth. We don't want our teachers teaching the truth? The parents found it objectionable because they were the ones that were intentionally deluding their kids after the great American Christmas tradition.

My kids know the truth. Some of my adult friends as well as my own parents have expressed slight dismay at my choice. However, my kids and I have fun with the Santa Claus mythos while recognizing that it has nothing whatsoever to do with the celebration of the incarnation of Christ. I make it a point to teach them the truth so they will grow up being able to discern the truth. Anybody who thinks about it realizes the impossibility of Santa Claus. For a humorous take on this, visit Jeff Spry's blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home