Thursday, April 26, 2007

How Well Do You Love?

Let me start off with some fun stuff from Blogthings. Then I'll have some more serious commentary afterward. As a disclaimer, these are not necessarily accurate, but I'm having fun with them...

Your Five Variable Love Profile
Propensity for Monogamy:

Your propensity for monogamy is medium.
In general, you prefer to have only one love interest.
But it's hard for you to stay devoted for too long! [actually, I'm intensly loyal]
There's too much eye candy to keep you from wandering. [it's not "eye candy" that attracts me]

Experience Level:

Your experience level is high.
You've loved, lost, and loved again.
You have had a wide range of love experiences.
And when the real thing comes along, you know it!

Dominance:

Your dominance is low.
This doesn't mean you're a doormat, just balanced.
You know a relationship is not about getting your way.
And you love to give your sweetie a lot of freedom.

Cynicism:

Your cynicism is low.
You are an eternal optimist when it comes to love and romance.
No matter how many times you've been hurt - you're never bitter.
You believe in one true love, your perfect soulmate. [How does this comport with the monogamy thing above?]
And if you haven't found true love yet, you know you will soon.

Independence:

Your independence is low.
This doesn't mean you're dependent in relationships..
It does mean that you don't have any problem sharing your life.
In your opinion, the best part of being in love is being together. [Yes!!!!!]


Your Psyche is Green [I was hoping for Purple!!!!]
You radiate love, empathy, and acceptance.
You are able to relax almost everyone you meet. You are naturally comforting. [Too often I just make people nervous.]
Balanced and flexible, you only seem perfect!

When you are too green: you are jealous, manipulative, and deceptive [I swore off being manipulative in High School]

When you don't have enough green: you feel sluggish and out of sorts


Your Love Type: INFJ
The Protector

In love, you strive to have the perfect relationship.
[Why not?]
For you, sex is nearly a spiritual experience, a bonding of souls. [Amen!]

Overall, you have high expectations for any relationship you're in.
However, you tend to hold back a part of yourself. [I have to. Who can handle all of me at once? Besides, I'd just be full of myself if I let loose. Gotta give it all to the other person.]

Best matches: ENTP and ENFP


You Are 50% Passionate, 50% Compassionate
You possess an ideal balance of passion and compassion.
You definitely can get swept away and lose your head a little. [A Little?!?!?!?!?]
But you're rarely a fool for love! [Ahem. Too often a fool for love is more like it...]


You Are A Realistic Romantic
It's easy for you to get swept away by romance... [Yup...]
But you've done a pretty good job keeping perspective.
[Yup...]
You're still taken in by love poems and sunsets [Absolutely... Anyone ever read Song of Solomon?]
You just don't fall for every dreamy pick up line! [Who needs a pick up line? I vote for a tickle fight...]


Your Kissing Technique Is: Perfect
[Woo-hoo!!! My wife can confirm this... Honey? Honey? Stop laughing...]
Your kissing technique is amazing - and you know it.
You have the confidence to make the first move.
And you always seem to know what kissing style is going to work best.
Sometimes you're passionate, sometimes you're a tease. And you're always amazing!


It's easy to love the lovable.
CAN I GET YOUR ATTENTION HERE?!?!?!
Scroll down and stop salivating over the little romantic pictures...
I said...

It's easy to love the lovable.

Here's a quote:

"We only love Christ as much as the person we love the least."

I don’t remember where I heard this quoted recently. It may have been on a Xanga blog or one of the other Christian source blogs I peruse regularly. However, I’ve been pondering it with respect to some of what I read in the Bible about true love. I have to wonder how much I truly love Christ. Psalm 116 begins with the statement “I love the Lord…” How could the psalmist write this honestly? I think about John 14:15, look inside my heart, and recognize that I do not have enough love in my heart for perfect obedience. Does any of us? If we don’t have perfect obedience, then does it not follow that we wouldn’t have perfect love?

Peter learned his lesson. He said, “Even though all may fall away because of You, I will never fall away… Even if I have to die with You, I will not deny You.” He ate his words.

Was Christ not lovable enough for Peter to love Him to the extreme? Ah. So we have trouble loving even the most lovable.

How then can we resonate with Psalm 116 and fulfill John 14:15? The fun "love" tests that resulted in the "blogthings" above seem as they are: shallow, material, and self-centered. If I have made a decision FOR Christ, what decision have I made? I have noticed improvement in my spiritual development. However, I have not arrived at a point where I can say, "I love the Lord" and mean it perfectly.

Nevertheless, He loves me enough to die on the cross for me. He chose me. I have nothing but to be grateful. I cannot be grateful unless I admit that I have not loved Him enough, for if I have loved Him enough then there is something I can boast about. He loves me and I desire it. In spite of myself, my gratitude opens me up to occasionally show the love of Christ to others. This is the Holy Spirit of God at work. In the meek and lowly I see the mark of my Lord and I desire Him. I reach down and lift up. I love the Lord.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home